Chicken & Broccoli Rabe Sauté
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time10 min
- Portions 4
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-2 inch chunks
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp. Brummel & Brown Original Buttery Spread
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, (about 12 oz.), ends trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces (about 8 cups)
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/2 cup fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Coat chicken with flour. Melt 1 1/2 Tbsp. Brummel & Brown Original Buttery Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until browned and thoroughly cooked, about 4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Stir in garlic and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in broccoli rabe and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until broccoli rabe is tender, about 1 minute. Stir in chicken and honey.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
To reduce the bitterness of broccoli rabe, blanch it before sautéing.